AIP Conference Proceedings for TFD-32
Turkish Physics Society 32th International Physics Congress Proceedings will be published in a Special Volume of the world-renowned AIP Conference Proceedings. The American Institute of Physics (AIP) Conference Series is a very well known series of Conference Proceedings, which is included in the leading databases of scientific & engineering literature including Inspec (an IEE product), Scitation, ISI Web of Knowledge, MathSciNet, Scopus, Scirus, Google Scholar, etc and in the past had been included in SCIE.
We note that the Volumes of AIP Conference Proceedings are immediately available online
Instructions (template / style files etc.) to the authors can be found HERE
Author must prepare his/her manuscripts – (extended abstract) according to the instructions mentioned above, by using the template files or LaTeX style files. The manuscripts for invited speakers, oral contributions and poster contributions should be 4 pages long.
TPS32 EDITORS for AIP CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS
Baki Akkuş – İstanbul University
Yeşim Öktem – İstanbul University
Gülfem Süsoy Doğan – İstanbul University
Feyza Güzelçimen – İstanbul University
Preparing papers for TFD-32
What do you need to do?
Here are the main steps you need to follow—the AIP author template packages contain comprehensive advice and guidance.
- Download your preferred template package (for Word or LaTeX).
- Write and prepare your article using the AIP template.
- Create a PDF file of your paper (making sure to embed all fonts).
- Send the following items to your conference organizer (to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org until 09/10/2016.
- PDF file of your paper
- Signed Copyright Transfer Agreement (which you can find in template files)
- (If it applies) Copies of any permissions to re-use copyrighted materials in your article (e.g., figures from books/journals)
Points to consider when preparing your paper:
Well prepared papers enable rapid publication and reduce unnecessary work for your editor. The following points summarize the key issues you need to consider, or comply with, when preparing your paper for AIP Conference Proceedings.
- Do not add page numbers or headers/footers. Our article templates deliberately do not include these so please do not add them.
- Do not alter the margins of our templates. They are carefully designed for AIP’s production process: Altering them can cause significant delays.
- Prepare and format references with care. Please prepare and format your references in accordance with the examples supplied with the author templates and documentation.
- Embed all fonts into your article PDF. The importance of font embedding is discussed in the sectionEmbedding fonts in PDFs. PDFs supplied without embedded fonts are oftencompletely unusable for printing or publication purposes. In such cases we have to return those PDFs to the proceedings editors, asking them to request the authors to embed the missing fonts. Failure to embed fonts can cause unnecessary inconvenience to your proceedings editor(s) and introduce publication delays for other authors—failure to provide a replacement paper may result in an article being removed from the proceedings.
- Use clear, legible graphics and diagrams. Readers of your paper will be grateful. If they cannot read it they are unlikely to cite it.
- Do not use copyrighted material without permission. Papers using copyrighted material without appropriate permission and acknowledgement will be excluded from the proceedings.
- No 1-page papers please. 1-page, abstract-only contributions are not acceptable and will be excluded from the proceedings.
- Avoid huge PDF files (10 MB maximum, ideally). For the benefit of your readers we recommend keeping your article PDF file below 10 MB. This is a recommendation, it isnot a requirement.
Embedding fonts in PDFs can be found here (http://scitation.aip.org/content/aip/proceeding/aipcp/info/authors)
Where are AIP Conference Proceedings indexed? (http://scitation.aip.org/content/aip/proceeding/aipcp/info/authors)
Does AIP Conference Proceedings allow changes to published papers?(http://scitation.aip.org/content/aip/proceeding/aipcp/info/authors)
Are proceedings papers “peer reviewed”?(http://scitation.aip.org/content/aip/proceeding/aipcp/info/authors)
Re-use of proceedings articles
The publication process of TFD-32
What is the publication process for proceedings?
Proceedings publication differs from regular journals in several aspects which makes it extremely important for all authors to follow our guidelines.
- Most pure proceedings publications, including ours, use author-prepared PDF files for publication and production of printed copies.
- Proceedings papers are submitted directly to the proceedings editors who manage the review process and collect together the accepted articles and signed copyright transfer forms.
- The proceedings articles, and signed copyright transfer forms, are submitted to AIP Publishing (by the editors) in a single batch, rather than one-by-one as each paper is ready.
- The proceedings papers are published together as a single collection (volume) of AIP Conference Proceedings.
Once the editors have collected sufficient accepted papers, or as many papers as authors are willing to write, they submit them to us in a single batch. We cannot publish any proceedings until the entire set of files submitted to us meets the requirements of our publication and production systems.